Sunday, May 2, 2010

Where's the Flood?!

Single fold bias tape sewed to the bottom of the pants (as close color as I could find :)

Finished product - Ta Da! The white hem line just looks like the stitching line
I hate it when I buy some new pants, then the first time I wash them, they SHRINK!!! So, I've discovered if I let down the hem and if there's still a line where the bottom used to be, I can do this: Buy the same color of single fold bias tape and sew one side to the bottom edge of the pants, fold the bias tape up and pin and press. Then turn the pants right side out and stitch along the line that used to be the bottom of the pants, making sure that you're catching the top side of the bias tape.

3 comments:

Laura Burtis said...

You can't even tell that this isn't the original hem! You are so good mom! And you make it seem SO easy to fix!

Suzie said...

Hey, I just found your blog! Maybe we should shop together because even the "short" or "petite" length jeans are still too long for me, so you can have the excess length off mine to sew on yours!

Jeanette S. Paul said...

Great idea! I'll even go dutch with you!