Sunday, May 16, 2010

"Flood" P.J. Pants and Sleepovers





I have these favorite flannel pajamas that - you guessed it - have totally shrunk in length on the pants. So, I did something totally unconventional and lazy (sorry Mom!). I started just below the waistband on the pants and cut 2" off both sides - almost down to the hems. You could cut more or less - depending on how baggy your pajama pants are. Then I sewed the sides back up and took the 2" I had cut off and sewed it around the bottoms of the pajamas. Since they have a pattern, you can't even tell.

While I'm talking about pajamas, our adorable grandkids slept over a couple of weeks ago. While I was making pancakes for breakfast, two-year-old Audrey started screaming. I turned around and she had tried to follow our dog, Lucy, through the triangular part on our table (see photo) and her head was stuck! Now I was in a dilemma: should I immediately try to get her head loose or should I run for the camera?! Since she was pretty hysterical, I tried to get her out. I couldn't budge her so sent Brayden for Grandpa. By the time they got back, I had freed her. Brayden asked how I did it and I said, "I unfolded her ear." And he said, "You undid her ear?!"

2 comments:

Kathrin Paul said...

Ha ha, that's funny! I still wish you'd have gone for the camera first. :) Nice job on the pants!

Laura Burtis said...

HA HA HA!!! That story is hilarious! Silly Audrey! Man, she cracks me up! And really, great job on the pants! You're so tricky! Love you!